GM ASEP Program Overview
General Motors ASEP delivers advanced service training, rigorous academic coursework, and real-world work experiences to provide students with the best possible preparation for a career as an automotive service technician.
- As a student in the General Motors ASEP program, you’ll get to earn while you learn, alternating between classroom training and hands on work experience at a sponsoring GM dealership.
- You’ll be working with the most advanced technology in the industry, gain a competitive advantage over untrained technicians, and gain an accelerated path to a lifetime career.
- Graduates who successfully complete the 21-month cooperative education Automotive Service Education Program will receive an Associate in Applied Science Degree in Automotive Technology and credits toward GM Master Certification in all areas.
- Once accepted into GM ASEP, you will intern with an employer who is interested in employing you. While no program or college can guarantee a job, most GM ASEP graduates gain employment at their sponsoring employer after graduation. In fact, many GM ASEP colleges report 100% placement upon graduation.
GM ASEP fulfills two goals in providing the best possible education for GM Technicians
- The program combines state-of-the-art technical training with appropriate academic coursework and dealership experience.
- Filling an industry need with well-educated and motivated technicians capable of continued growth in a technologically dynamic field.
澳门威利斯人娱乐官方网址’s rolling admissions policy does not apply to GM ASEP
- The GM ASEP degree program has a limited number of spaces; therefore, students will be selected after careful consideration of their academic record, scores on the placement exam and an interview with the Automotive Department. All candidates for this program must take the College’s placement exam and must secure a GM dealer sponsor prior to an admissions decision.
- Automotive Technician
- Service Consultant
- Service Manager
- Field Service Engineer
- Franchise shop
- Possible pathways to teaching/instructing
- Entry Level $35K-53K
- Mid-Range $54K-75K
- Experienced $76K-100K
Program OutcomesThe student who successfully completes this program will:
- Have skills necessary to service and maintain GM vehicles and the integrated systems used on these vehicles;
- Have the skills necessary to diagnose and repair GM vehicles and the integrated systems used on these vehicles;
- Have the skills necessary to develop and maintain a training path for continued growth using GM Service Technology College (GMSTC).
- Be able to maintain, repair and diagnose the integrated systems used on modern GM vehicles